OEM/ODM, Design Service Offered
7005 aluminum sheet belongs to Al-Zn-Mg-Cu series super-hard aluminum. It is a cold treated forged alloy with high strength, far superior to mild steel, and higher than 7003 alloy. The strength is not as good as 6061 aluminum sheet, but the weight of 7005 aluminum sheet is light, and the typical lightweight aluminum material. 7005 is one of the strongest commercial alloys. Good welding performance, heat treatment can be carried out to enhance strength. Because of its relatively easy welding, it does not require expensive heat treatment. However, its manufacture is more challenging.
1. The most typical characteristic is its weldability. There are many other aluminum alloys, such as 7075 and 2014 are stronger than 6061 and 7005, but they are almost impossible to weld.
2. It has a high density, 2.78 g / cm3, and may be slightly stronger depending on the tempering. No precipitation hardening is required, but it can be cooled in air.
3. Has moderate corrosion resistance. Compared with the tempers of T6 and T651, T7351 and T73 have good resistance to stress corrosion cracking.
4. The level of anodizing reaction is good. It can perform both hard oxidation and solid color coating oxidation.
5. High-strength heat treatment, good mechanical properties, good usability, easy processing, good wear resistance, etc.
7005 aluminum sheet is commonly used in welded structures that require high strength and high fracture toughness, such as truss, rod, and container of vehicles or aircraft; large heat exchangers, and parts that cannot be solid-solved after welding. You may have questions, can 7005 be used in life? Of course, it is the most suitable aluminum alloy for making bicycle frames, and it can also be used to make sports equipment such as tennis rackets and softball sticks.