Aluminum 5083 belongs to the aluminum-magnesium alloy series and is widely used in many industries. Henan Mingtai Aluminum Co., Ltd. produces 5083h111 / h112 / h312 / h116 aluminum plates. These tempered 5083 aluminum plates are widely used in marine aluminum plates. Of course, 5083 aluminum sheet is not only popular on shipboard plates, but also have more excellent performance. and a wide range of uses.
Properties and uses of aluminum 5083
1. The surface of anodized aluminum 5083 is beautiful. Arc welding performance is good. The main alloying element in the 5083 alloy is magnesium, which has good corrosion resistance and weldability, and medium strength.
2. Excellent corrosion resistance makes aluminum 5083 alloy widely used in maritime applications such as ships, as well as automobiles, aircraft weldments, subway light rails, pressure vessels (such as liquid tank trucks, refrigerated trucks, refrigerated containers), refrigeration devices, TV towers, drilling equipment, transportation equipment, missile parts, armor, etc.
3. Al-Mg series alloy is the most widely used type of rust-proof aluminum. This alloy has high strength, especially fatigue resistance and high plasticity. It is mainly used for high plasticity and good weldability. Low-load parts that work in liquid or gaseous media, such as fuel tanks, gasoline or lubricating oil pipes, various liquid containers, and other low-load parts made by deep drawing.
The reason why aluminum 5083 is used in marine aluminum plate
1. Considering lightweight. Marine aluminum plates generally use thin plates of more than 1.6mm and thick plates of more than 30mm. Aluminum 5083 has low density and light weight, which can reduce the weight of the hull and increase the load capacity.
2. Considering corrosion resistance. Aluminum 5083 is a typical anti-rust aluminum, which can adapt to the highly corrosive seawater environment for a long time.
3. From a security perspective. Aluminum 5083 has medium strength, good workability, excellent weldability, fatigue resistance, no crack defects, and can still meet the strength and corrosion resistance requirements after processing, which can ensure the safety of the ship.
Certifications of aluminum 5083
Congratulations! Surveyors of the two classification societies, Lloyd's Register (LR) and Bureau Veritas (BV), have produced and inspected the company's aluminum 5083 alloy plates in accordance with the requirements of the classification society's specifications. The process was field audited. After on-site review and various tests on the final products, the company's various test data for aluminum 5083 marine aluminum alloys have met the requirements of the classification society's specifications, and passed the high standards of approval. At present, the company has successively obtained 5 certifications from China Classification Society (CCS), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), Bureau Veritas (BV), Lloyd ’s Register (LR).
For all inquiries, please fill in the form below (* are required) to send us a brief message, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.